Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Perfect Fall Day


Is it just me, or does it seem like fall just started a little over a month ago, and now it feels like winter is knocking on our mid-western door?

Living in the mid-west, I am used to seasons changing very rapidly, but after the really long summer that we had this year, I was looking forward to all that fall offers, but it feels like it came and went, and then came again, and then went yet again. I didn’t even get a chance to enjoy it this year.

A few weeks ago, I had started to write about the beautiful changes occurring in this autumn season. Normal changes that I love such as, the leaves changing to their glorious colors, the smells of fall foods cooking and burning leaves, the slightly cooler, more comfortable temps, and other fall things, but I guess I waited too long to finish my article, as now the trees are bare, the temps are more winter than fall like, and I am finding that I am settling into making more winter foods than I usually would be for this time of the year.

I also just realized that I have been stocking up on freezer and pantry foods to get through the winter, for the “just in case” storms.

Even though it seems like I am getting ready for the inevitable winter, (no, I am not a big fan of winter), I still feel that I need to write about fall, so, since I can’t look outside to write about it, I am going to rely on my memory of a beautiful fall day of the past.

Here goes….

Take a walk with me outside on this spectacular fall day!  Mmmmm, can you smell the crisp leaves on the ground, rustling and crunching under our feet? Oh my, look up through the trees and see the brilliant colors of the leaves that almost hurt my eyes when you look at them!  Isn’t that amazing?!

The cooler temps feel great don’t they, and are perfect for wearing our most comfortable jeans and hoodies!

Now, let’s go inside and have some homemade chili and corn bread. I will light a couple of fall scented candles, and you grab a bottle of wine and the glasses. After dinner, let’s build a fire in the fire pit by the pond and just enjoy the stars, the crackling fire, and the cool fall evening!

There is nothing like the perfect fall day!

Thank you for sharing this perfect fall memory with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment