Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The Flu Bug




I wrote this poem on December 21, 1991, when both of my kids were sick with the flu and thought that now would be a good time to post it to my blog since in the last week, all 3 of my grandchildren have had the flu... That dirty little louse!!

 
 
 
'Twas 4 days before Christmas, and all through my house,

the Flu Bug was present, that dirty little louse!

He jumped on my kids and said

"I'll let them go....NOT!"

"I'll make them cough, sleepy, miserable and so hot!"

"You won’t get any peace on earth THIS season!" he said

"Just when you think they're getting better, I'll stick them right back in bed!"

"This is war!" I exclaimed, "Both my barrels are loaded!"

And armed with Lysol, Tylenol, and Vicks, I then gloated

"You're days are numbered here bug so go on now, get out!"

"Christmas will come here and be HAPPY, with you or without!"
 

Then I heard him exclaim, as Lysol sprayed him out of sight

"You'll see me again, I've only begun the flu fight!"

No comments:

Post a Comment